San Francisco Rising (SFR) is looking for a Program Director to help develop and implement SFR’s strategy & vision by getting our internal operations and systems in place. We’re looking for someone who is excited to join a dynamic, growing grassroots alliance and help develop the infrastructure to realize ambitious political goals. We seek a leader who is motivated to build and harness grassroots energy to be part of a larger movement through developing: individual membership structure, fundraising systems, communication infrastructure, field program infrastructure, and other activities.
San Francisco Rising is an alliance of long-standing (10-45 years old) grassroots organizations organizing African-American, Latino, Chinese, and Filipino communities in San Francisco for housing & worker rights, environmental & racial justice, and youth & women’s empowerment. We seek to build the political power of our communities to win lasting change on a broad set of issues including college for all, truly affordable housing for low and middle income families, worker rights, and just immigration policy.
We’re looking for a motivated self-starter, a team player, and highly competent Program Director. SFR is a collaborative and supportive work environment, committed to developing the leadership and skills of our staff and members. We currently have 2.5 FTE staff, and will be at 3.5 FTE with a new Program Director.
- Staff management
- Direct field operations and create canvassing infrastructure to meet agreed upon goals; including phone banks, canvasses, and mobilizations for paid canvassers and volunteers
- Develop and implement an individual membership structure, and organizing and engagement strategy. This will be a new organizing strategy that will need to be thoughtfully integrated with the alliance of grassroots organizations that currently make up SFR.
- Develop and manage campaign & program budgets
- Develop and manage a base of volunteers
- Develop and implement a grassroots fundraising program
- Lead SFR electronic communications, including electronic newsletters, social media, and website postings
- Commitment to racial, gender, economic and environmental justice, grassroots organizing, and building social movements
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
- Experience developing systems
- Experience in managing electoral field campaigns or other campaigns
- Supervision experience. Ability to hire, train, and manage staff.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish highly desired
- Ability to manage multiple projects and teams
- Excellent attention to detail, follow-through, and project management skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Social media or organizational communications experience
- Strong computer skills
Salary & Benefits: $60,000 – 65,000 DOE, with full medical and dental benefits, plus generous vacation, sick time and holidays.
How to Apply: Position is open immediately, and open until filled. Please submit an online application and attach a PDF of your resume and cover letter at: https://cpasf.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=24. Applications will be reviewed as received. People of color, LGBTQI people, and women are strongly encouraged to apply.
San Francisco Rising is a fiscally sponsored project of the Chinese Progressive Association. Chinese Progressive Association is an equal opportunity employer. Hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination and all other employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, national origin, citizenship/immigration status, veteran status or any other protected status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.