San Francisco Rising is an alliance of base-building organizations united to build the political power of working class communities of color in our city. This November’s election will be one of the most important elections of our time, with dozens of important local, state and national issues on the ballot.
Getting working class San Franciscans of color to the polls this November will be crucial to advancing our mission of building their political. We achieve this goal, we are currently seeking canvassers to contact San Francisco voters by phone and door-to-door this election season.
DAILY ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Our civic engagement program (CEP) will begin the first week of October and end on Tuesday, November 8. Canvassers will engage voters on several state and/or local issues. Canvassers will conduct voter outreach in San Francisco and in select areas of the Bay Area through phone calls or by knocking on doors up between five to six hours per day, four to six days a week. Some canvassers may also engage young voters through texting or through social media during the program period. Paid training and daily in-person meetings required.
IMPORTANT: To be hired as a canvasser, you MUST be able to work both weekend days.
- Fluent English speaker with excellent communication skills
- Physical ability to do lots of walking
- Outgoing, enthusiastic and persuasive personality
- Responsible and ability to work independently
- Basic computer skills required
- Access to a dependable vehicle a plus (mileage reimbursement possible)
- Languages spoken in addition to English: Spanish, Chinese or Tagalog
- Previous elections campaign or canvassing experience a plus
- Knowledge of the work of San Francisco Rising or member organizations, experience in social justice or community work
COMPENSATION $16 per hour, plus mileage reimbursement if applicable.
Canvassers will either work or be dispatched daily from 2145 Keith St, San Francisco, CA 94124 in the Bayview.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send the completed job application below to Chema Hernández Gil (email@example.com) with the subject ATTN: Elections Canvasser. Selected candidates will be called in for interviews the last week of September to the address above.
People of color, women, queer & gender nonconforming people are strongly encouraged to apply. Pursuant of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.
San Francisco Rising is a fiscally sponsored project of the Chinese Progressive Association, a 501(c)3 non-profit organization.