SF Rising Outreach Team Leader
(To download this as a Word document, click here.) San Francisco Rising (SFR) is an alliance of eight multi-racial, grassroots organizations that are working for justice for low-income San Francisco residents. SFR is currently seeking an individual to serve as Team Leader, with responsibilities including training, managing and coaching our 10 person outreach team during a 3 week phone banking and canvassing operation. This position is a classic electoral field organizer job involving multiple aspects of high-paced, high-volume and fun work, but there is a (great) catch: the Team Leader will be supervised by an experienced Coordinator and a team of senior SF Rising leaders, all of whom are experienced in electoral organizing and invested in the development, success and growth of our team leader. To apply, contact SF Rising Coordinator Mario Yedidia @ 415-684-3473 or email@example.com by 6pm on Monday, April 20, 2015.
The Team Leader will assist in setting up the program and will be primarily responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the phone bank and canvass operation, 6hrs/day, 5 days/week for approximately three weeks, including: a 2 day training in Los Angeles the week of May 4 (exact dates TBD; flight, room & board are paid for and the hours are unpaid/volunteer); helping conduct interviews for the 10 person team on Monday, May 11 and Wednesday, May 13, and running the program for 3 weeks from Saturday, May 16 through Sunday, June 7.
The program will take place at Coleman Advocates for Children and Youth, 459 Vienna Street (b/w Persia & Brazil), San Francisco, CA, 94112. (Closest MUNI lines: 29 and 52).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work planning for a 3 week voter outreach operation
- Preparing and execution of content and materials for outreach team trainings, voter outreach operations, team coaching and assessments
- Daily coordination of outreach team of at least 10 people, including:
- Assuring full staffing and attendance of outreach team, including scheduling alternate outreach workers
- Preparation and execution of daily training content and outreach materials for outreach team
- Daily convening, briefing, coaching, assessing and meetings with outreach workers (group and one-on-one)
- Human resources duties including scheduling, time sheet tracking, etc.
- Daily quality control and morale building responsibilities to ensure the outreach team is conducting their work at the highest possible levels
- Conduct direct voter contact work (phones, door-to-door canvassing) as necessary
- Other duties as assigned
- Reports to SF Rising’s Coordinator
Team Leader Requirements
- Car mandatory every day
- Valid California Driver’s License
- Ability to work 7-10 hours per day, five days a week
- Ability to work well in a team setting
- Physical ability to do lots of walking
- Organized, On time, Positive Attitude, Accountable, Strong Leadership Skills
- Management and coordination experience a plus
- Basic computer skills
- Previous Campaign Experience a plus
- Familiarity with San Francisco neighborhoods a plus
- Spanish-English Bilingual a plus
How to Apply
To apply, contact SF Rising Coordinator Mario Yedidia @ 415-684-3473 or firstname.lastname@example.org by 6pm on Monday, April 27, 2015.
San Francisco Rising is an equal opportunity employer. Hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination and all other employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, national origin, citizenship/immigration status, veteran status or any other protected status.