San Francisco Rising (SFR) is looking for a Program Director to help develop and implement SFR’s strategy & vision through organizing, communications, campaigns, and policy work. We’re looking for someone who is excited to join a dynamic, growing, small grassroots alliance and help develop the infrastructure and strategies to realize ambitious political goals. We seek a leader who is motivated to build and harness grassroots energy to be part of a larger movement through developing an individual membership structure, volunteer program, communications, electoral mobilizations, and other activities.
San Francisco Rising is an alliance of long-standing (10-45 years old) grassroots organizations organizing African-American, Latino, Chinese, and Filipino communities in San Francisco for housing & worker rights, environmental & racial justice, and youth & women’s empowerment. We seek to build the political power of our communities to win lasting change on a broad set of issues.
We’re looking for a strategic thinker, a team player, and highly competent program director. SFR is a collaborative and supportive work environment, committed to developing the leadership and skills of our staff and members.
- Develop strategy and program plans
- Staff management
- Direct field operations to meet agreed upon goals; including phone banks, canvasses, and mobilizations for paid canvassers and volunteers
- Develop and implement an individual membership structure, and organizing and engagement strategy. This will be a new organizing strategy that will need to be thoughtfully integrated with the alliance of grassroots organizations that currently make up SFR.
- Develop and manage campaign & program budgets
- Develop and manage a base of volunteers
- Develop and implement a grassroots fundraising program
- Lead SFR electronic communications, including electronic newsletters, social media, and website postings
- Represent SFR with local and state ally organizations and coalitions
- Commitment to racial, gender, economic and environmental justice, grassroots organizing, and building social movements
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
- Understanding of the ins and outs of local and/or state governance, and ability to communicate about the political landscape with grassroots members.
- Strategic thinker
- Experience developing systems
- Experience in managing electoral campaigns or other campaigns
- Supervision experience. Ability to hire, train, and manage staff.
- Grassroots organizing / base building experience
- Bilingual in English/Spanish highly desired
- Ability to manage multiple projects and teams
- Excellent attention to detail, follow-through, and project management skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Social media or organizational communications experience
- Strong computer skills
Salary & Benefits: $60,000 – 65,000 DOE, with full medical and dental benefits, plus generous vacation, sick time and holidays.
How to Apply: Position is open immediately, and open until filled. Applications due no later than January 16, 2019. Please submit an online application and attach a PDF of your resume and cover letter at: https://cpasf.bamboohr.com/
San Francisco Rising is a fiscally sponsored project of the Chinese Progressive Association. Chinese Progressive Association is an equal opportunity employer. Hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination and all other employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, national origin, citizenship/immigration status, veteran status or any other protected status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.