Election Information You Can Use for the 2012 Election
Dates to Remember
- 10/9 Early Voting Begins; Vote-by-Mail ballots go out to voters
- 10/22 Last day to register to vote
- 10/30 Last day to request a Vote-by-Mail Ballot by mail
- 11/6 Election Day – If you are voting by mail, the ballot must be received on Election Day. You can drop it off at a polling place, as long as the polls are open. Polls are open 7:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Voter Assistance Hotlines
The Secretary of State’s office provides voting-related materials and assistance in ten languages.
For answers to your questions about voting and elections, or to request mail delivery of a voter registration form, vote-by-mail application, the Official Voter Information Guide
or A Guide to Voting In California in any of these languages, please call one of the toll-free Voter Assistance Hotlines shown below.
(800) 345-VOTE (8683) – English
(800) 232-VOTA (8682) – español / Spanish
(800) 339-2857 – 中文 / Chinese
(888) 345-2692 – हिन्दी / Hindi
(800) 339-2865 – 日本語 / Japanese
(866) 575-1558 – 한국어 / Korean
(800) 339-2957 – Tagalog
(855) 345-3933 – ภาษาไทย / Thai
(800) 339-8163 – Việt ngữ / Vietnamese
(800) 833-8683 – TTY/TDD
Find your polling place by calling or visiting:
1225 Fallon Street, Room G-1 Oakland, CA 94612 (510) 272-6933
1 Dr. Carlton B Goodlett Place, Room 48 San Francisco, CA 94102 (415) 554-4375
Am I already registered to vote? Visit the website listed below or call:
Alameda County: 510-272-6933
San Francisco County 415-554-4375
Spanish line is 415-554-4366
Where can I register to vote? (last day to vote is October 22).
You may submit your voter registration application through the Secretary of State’s website.
You can also pick up an application at your county elections office, any Department of Motor Vehicles office, and many post offices, public libraries, and government offices. To have a paper application mailed to you call your county elections office or the Secretary ofState’s toll-free voter hotline at (800) 345-VOTE.
Check out the new online voter registration site — share it with your friends and family and encourage them to register online today! at